>What’s the secret to lasting happiness in this life? Here I have compiled a list of what I believe could lead to a happy life. Please note – this list is assuming your life is ticking along with a few little bumps along the way…
- Appreciate life. If you have access to a computer and you can read this, chances are you have more than most people in this world. Appreciate that you have woke up this morning and you have been given another day on this planet. What will you do with this opportunity? After all, somewhere out there, someone is taking their last breath.
- Choose your relationships wisely. It is wise to surround yourself with supportive, loving, good people. We all need our cheerleaders. People who believe in us. There are enough people out there willing to shoot us down. Ensure your friends are people who ‘buck’ you up & of course support them right back!
- Be Considerate. Try to consider how other people are. What’s actually going on in their personal life right now? Do they need some help or a friendly chat over a cuppa today? If someone is thoughtful – hold on to them.
- Keep Learning. Your mind is an organ that keeps growing with you. Keep your mind open to new experiences. Take up a new interest today. You are never too old to learn a new skill.
- Trust your instincts. Your instincts are there to protect you. Listen to your inner voice. If a person makes you feel uncomfortable in your own skin then take note of that feeling there may be a reason why!
- Get Creative. Try to do a job that you enjoy. At the very least have hobbies that inspire and soothe your soul.
- Forgive. No matter what a person says or does to you or your friends/family – forgive them. Move on as fast as you can. Don’t allow the negative energy of a person to consume your thoughts. Vent your outrage and then move forward.
- Smile every day. It can be hard some days to smile but try to find some positivity and optimism even if you have to dig very deep!
- Mind your own business. Focus on your own life and stay out of other people’s personal life. It is their life, their choices. Try to not mind what other people say, think or do. You can’t please everyone in life, that would be exhausting! Also avoid gossip! Avoid bitching! Stay clear…It’s not healthy and it won’t make you feel very good about yourself. Stick with the healthier, happier relationships.
- Be Responsible. This means be 100% responsible for your moods, your attitudes, your feelings, your relationships, your actions, your words, your life! Ultimately, you have choices in life. In most circumstances, you decide what path to wander down.
- Be Confident. No one likes a phony. Be true. Be yourself. You are not perfect but that is OK. Who wants to be perfect?! At least you will be genuine.
What would you add to this list? What have you discovered as being the secrets to a happier life?