>I have always been on the look out for how to live a content and happy life. Life is not always easy. It has its ups and downs. I have had many highs and lows, just like most people. But through the roller coaster that is this life, I have discovered some truths that have kept me suitably sane and grounded. The list is forever growing and changing as I learn and progress. I’m not perfect and continue to make changes. It is through our mistakes that we learn and evolve. Below I have made a start. It is a long process of self discovery and may take quite a few different blog posts so do hang in there and enjoy the ride with me…
How to live a blissful and content life
- Fall in love with all your heart just don’t lose yourself. You are still a unique person. The ‘perfect’ man loves you for who you are, not for who you try to become. I have seen girls become interested in tennis over night just because the man plays it weekly. Too many young women are willing to sway their own interests in favour of a man. Be true to yourself. Do not try and mould yourself to become his perfect fit.
- Consider how you feel about having children. If you are nearly 30 – this is the time to ask yourself honestly if you do want to have children in the future. Be honest. It’s not for everyone. Don’t have babies just because society dictates that you should have a baby. Consider it fully as you near 30, that way you will have some time to hopefully feel content with a loving man and conceive. Sometimes it can take a few years to get pregnant. It is wise to think about it whilst you are still fertile. More and more women are holding off and waiting for many personal reasons. Unfortunately human biology and our personal value’s have not advanced at the same rate. Be mindful of your fertility.
- As you grow and mature you will hopefully learn damage limitation. You will discover you can quit your job, break up with a partner or confront a friend without all hell breaking lose in the process. With maturity and learnt wisdom, you move on swiftly with grace from tricky situations. You learn how to approach people in a non-aggressive manner, you listen to their response, compromise and then move forward.
- Learn when to try with people – consider and ponder, who deserves my love, my time, my respect? Ask the questions – does this person respect me? Does this person treat me fairly? Does this person make me feel at ease? Instinct is a fantastic thing – listen to your inner voice. Ignore the inner voice at your peril. Most importantly learn when it is time to walk, albeit quickly in the opposite direction.
- Be comfortable in your own company. We are individuals. It is normal and healthy to need some time alone. I know personally, I need time alone to regroup my thoughts and restore my energy levels. It can’t be go go go all the time. Don’t feel you need to see people every single day or every hour of your life. We cannot learn and reflect on life if we are never alone to think? Turn off the TV, the music, the telephone, Facebook…just be alone and ponder.
I will certainly add more to this list. I have many more suggestions for personal contentment up my sleeve! If you have any idea’s please do contribute by commenting below.